The firm is hiring for an Associate position in Boston. The successful candidate will directly support the senior team in many aspects of the transaction process while contributing on a broad level to the firm's overall business success. The candidate will initially focus their time on building projection models for sponsors of private equity funds and other similar investment funds, a very active market in which Colchester Partners is in high demand. The Associate will also support engagements involving other investment managers, such as hedge fund managers, traditional asset managers and wealth management firms.
- Build and adjust elements of existing projection models to reflect each client or prospective client's investment process and fund terms and will interpret materials provided by the client or prospective client to determine which adjustments and additions are required.
- Projection models, for use in the potential sale of an ownership interest in the General Partner ("GP"), will include:
- Quarterly management fees based on timing of capital raise, use of leverage, deployment and harvest cycles
- Quarterly transaction or other fees as applicable
- Quarterly carried interest or promoted interests
- Returns on GP commitments/co-investments
- Detailed operating expense line items and trends
- Provide support in preparation of client presentations (Confidential Information Memorandums) and organizing due diligence materials.
- Contribute to collection of data and analysis of industry transaction activity.
- Contribute to the Colchester's knowledge of industry transaction terms and participants in the investment management M&A market.
- Contribute to business development efforts including compiling lists of prospective clients, preparing marketing materials and monitoring the business development pipeline.
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, finance or accounting focused on private equity, private credit or specialized private markets strategies, particularly on the management company/GP-level economics of those firms
- Extensive experience and enthusiasm for building and analyzing projection models
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, problem solving skills, and desire to work in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Strong communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
Colchester will offer qualified candidates competitive compensation packages including base salary and an annual merit-based bonus, and generous benefits.
Please submit cover letters and resumes to Joseph Rioff at email@example.com.